We are about to finish the school year in Sydney . Summer long holidays are coming and also Christmas.
Every year ,my kids and I love to make little presents for their classmates. This year we are making “Reindeer lollipop cards”.
Thinking of quick and easy ideas for the kids to help in the making, I remember this idea I saw a while ago in the Brisbane kids website.
They didn’t offer a template to print at that time, but luckily somebody was recommending this image in the comments and I have
used it to make a template in Photoshop for us to print and make our reindeer cards.
I am offering the printable template here for free use and download, clarifying that the original drawing is not mine,
only the template I’ve put together and I am sharing it, as it was shared with me.
- Colored print paper of your choice
- Scissors, Glue, Marker,
METHOD 1: Printing the Template
- Print the template in any coloured paper of your choice and cut outside the lines.
- Draw eyes and a smile with a marker.
- Write any greeting or message at the back as well.
- Insert lollipop.
- In order: start glueing the cheeks, the ears and then the antlers
METHOD 2: Outlining the template
- Download the single reindeer image HERE .
- Print it in cardboard and cut inside the outlines to use as a template.
- Fold a piece of cardboard in half.
- Trace figures with the template using a thick black marker.
Make sure the insertion for the lollipop sits right in the folded edge.
- Cut outside the black outlines and follow instructions above to glue the card together.
I used green cardboard for the outlined templates. Although they look awesome it was a bit hard to cut and glue together.
I will recommend using coloured paper if you can . It will make it easier especially if the kids are helping with it.
This post is also available in: Spanish